"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on all referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
• Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insuranceinformation
• Assemble information concerning patients clinical background and referral needs
• Provide appropriate clinical information to specialist, CCH outpatient clinical and CCH hospital
• Contact review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements aremet
• Provide specific medical information to financial services to maximize reimbursement to thehospital and physicians
• Review details and expectations about the referral with patients
• Adheres to department and organizational policies addressing confidentiality, infection control,patient rights, medical ethics, advance directives, disaster protocols and safety.
• Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, open minded and adaptable to change.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost-conscious manner, complying with all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE
o determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
o work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positiveattitude
o manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
o maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
o complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
o communicate effectively, both orally and in writing/electronically
o handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional
Possesses good interpersonal skills, customer service, initiative, integrity, flexibility,
adaptability, and must be a team player
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Sitting, standing, walking bending/twisting, kneeling/squatting, reaching, climbing and should be able to
lift 10 or more pounds using proper lifting techniques. Rapidly changing and stressful environment.
Ability to communicate with various levels of people. Possible exposure to communicable and infectious
disease and hazardous materials. Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements (accidents,
injuries and illness). Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances. Subject to varying and
unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions.
Occasional pressure due to multiple tasks and inquiries.
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.