"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: email@example.com
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Handles inquiries and patient intake
• Maintains updated bed availability and facility service information
• Ensures all papers are properly filled out and input into system
• Maintains daily schedules
• Enters and verifies all patient demographics and billing information is correct at time of check in
• Processes encounters daily for and balance to co-payments
• Collects balance due at time of check in
• Directs patients to relevant areas in building
• Answers phones
• Creates and maintains a positive and trustworthy community image and respectful attitude
• Possesses a strong customer and service to others orientation
• Checks in patients to assigned rooms
• Obtains signed statements
• Records payments
• Keeps registration desk clean and organized
• Performs insurance data entry
• Provides patients and the general public with care keeping patient rights and ethical concerns in mind
• Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Maintains a clean, safe and orderly environment throughout the department and the organization
• Maintains competency and participates in performance improvement activities
• Participates in team approach throughout the organization
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and some weekends
• Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles and goals of the hospital
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner,
complying with all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Ø High school diploma or equivalent required
Ø Six to twelve months previous hospital experience preferred.
Ø Knowledge of medical insurance (Medicare, HMO’s, PPO’s and commercial) preferredØ Professional demeanor, and basic computer skills required
Ø Excellent organizational and customer service skills
Ø Above average oral and written communication skills
Ø Demonstrated ability to work independently
Ø Ability to effectively communicate and work with physicians, residents, nurses, patients, families, staff, other health care professionals, and management
Ø Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of patient, patient account, and personnel data
Ø Work as a team player and multi-task is necessary for this position
Ø Possesses good interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity, flexibility, and adaptability
Ø Ability to pay close attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
May be exposed to patient elements, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking, sitting,
bending/twisting, kneeling/squatting, reaching, climbing and should be able to lift 25 or more pounds using
proper lifting techniques. Rapidly changing and stressful environment. Ability to communicate with various
levels of people. Possible exposure to communicable and infectious disease and hazardous materials.
Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements (accidents, injuries and illness). Contact with
patients under a wide variety of circumstances. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles
emergency or crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple tasks and
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified.