"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: email@example.com
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the mission, vision, and core values of the organization.
• Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s
immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or
• Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies,
procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
• Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members
of the healthcare team.
• Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
• Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient
and his/her family.
• Delivers care with appropriate age and cultural competence to specific patient populations according
to individualized needs.
• Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the patient and his/her family.
• Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and
progress towards problem resolution.
• Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation and advanced life support
• Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
• Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and
family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
• Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
• Maintains current competency in nursing specialty by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Functions as a contributing team member & communicates effectively with all levels of people.
• Promotes positive public relations to physicians, patients, visitors, other employees, and the
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Provides for patients’/significant others’ rights and safety; strives to manage situations in a manner to
reduce risk while following legal and regulatory standards.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner,
complying with all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Ø Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (RN Program).
Ø Current RN license, in good standing with the State licensing board
Ø Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required – ACLS/PALS depending on department
Ø Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Ø Ability to:
o determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
o work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive
o manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
o maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
o complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
o communicate effectively, both orally and in writing/electronically
o handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Ø Provide excellent customer service skills and basic computer skills required
Ø Possesses good interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity, flexibility, adaptability, and must be a
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
May be exposed to patient elements, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking, sitting,
bending/twisting, kneeling/squatting, reaching, climbing and should be able to lift 25 or more pounds
using proper lifting techniques. Rapidly changing and stressful environment. Ability to communicate with
various levels of people. Possible exposure to communicable and infectious disease and hazardous
materials. Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements (accidents, injuries and illness).
Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances. Subject to varying and unpredictable
situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due
to multiple tasks and inquiries.
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Operating Room Nurses provide care and support to patients before, during and after surgery. OR Nurses also assist the surgeon and the surgical team in their tasks. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of OR Nurses include (but are not limited to):
During the surgical procedure, OR Nurses can take the role of: Circulating Nurse, with the following additional duties:
Scrub Nurse, with the following additional duties:
OR Nurses may also assist, with the following additional duties: