"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the mission, vision, and core values of the organization.
• Provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents that includes, but is not limited to:
o Group/one-on-one social activities
o Opportunity for patient involvement in planning and implementation of the activities program
o Creative activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama, educational programs
o Exercise activities
o Promotion of facility / community interaction
• Manage and maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
• Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s
and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
• Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel.
• Promotes positive public relations to physicians, patients, visitors, other employees, and the community.
• Participates in performance improvement activities if required.
• Provides for patients’/significant others’ rights and safety; strives to manage situations in a
manner to reduce risk while following legal and regulatory standards.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner,
complying with and following all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• 1-3 years experience in hospital/clinical setting
• Currently certified through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross to provide
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Seeking continuously to improve the quality of care provided
• Ability to:
o effectively communicate and work with other physicians, nurses, patients, families, staff,
other health care professionals, and management
o work as a team player and multi-task is necessary for this position
o determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
o work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
o manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
o maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
o complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
o communicate effectively, both orally and in writing/electronically
o handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional mannero Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Provide excellent patient service skills and basic computer skills required
• Possesses good interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity, flexibility, adaptability, and must be
a team player
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
May be exposed to patient elements, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking, sitting,
bending/twisting, kneeling/squatting, reaching, climbing and should be able to lift 25 or more pounds
using proper lifting techniques. Rapidly changing and stressful environment. Ability to communicate with
various levels of people. Possible exposure to communicable and infectious disease and hazardous
materials. Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements (accidents, injuries and illness).
Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances. Subject to varying and unpredictable
situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure
due to multiple tasks and inquiries.
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.