"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: email@example.com
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Ultrasound Professionals provides diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. Person in this position must be able to perform echocardiography, vascular and general ultrasound studies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Perform diagnostic ultrasound procedures which include echocardiography, vascular studies (carotid
ultrasound, Arterial and Venous exams), and general (renal, scrotal, thyroid, etc.) studies
• Ensure that all patient studies are reviewed for accuracy and quality before assigning report to
• Demonstrates sound knowledge in operating ultrasound equipment in a safe, hazard free
• Has knowledge of and practices all safety procedures for patients and personnel.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate with physicians, patients and other hospital personnel by sharing
pertinent/important information and by practicing the team approach to continuously improve efficiency.
• Attends in-house in-service sessions in order to be aware of current up-date equipment, administration
changes and safety procedures.
• Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual
patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating
needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering
• Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices;
moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
• Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam
restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following
drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using
the emergency cart.
• Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures;
developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains competency appropriate for job responsibilities.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and
new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner, complying with
all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Ø Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Ø Certified ARRT required
Ø Current CPR certification
Ø Vascular registered or Vascular registry eligible. Vascular registry required within 6 months of
Ø Minimum 1 year experience with echocardiography, vascular and general ultrasound
Ø Knowledge of radiology/vascular technology services
Ø Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Ø Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
Ø Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive
Ø Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
Ø Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
Ø Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
Ø Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Ø Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
PHYSICAL DEMANDS /WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exposed to ionizing radiation.
• High stress, fast pace area.
• Extended periods of standing.
• Cool to cold environment 100% of the time.
• Required to lift heavy patients/objects (40 pounds or more).
• Exposure to blood/blood products and infectious diseases.
• Exposure to electrical equipment.
• Flexible hours and shifts are required.
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified.
CCH is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place.