"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: email@example.com
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Echo Tech performs quality echocardiographic studies as ordered by the physicians as well as the performance of all other non-invasive cardiac procedures within the Cardiology Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Perform diagnostic ultrasound procedures which include echocardiography.
• Ensure that all patient studies are reviewed for accuracy and quality before assigning report to reading physician.
• Demonstrates sound knowledge in operating ultrasound equipment in a safe, hazard free environment.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate with physicians, patients and other hospital personnel by sharing pertinent/important information and by practicing the team approach to continuously improve efficiency.
• Attends in-house in-service sessions in order to be aware of current up-date equipment, administration changes and safety procedures.
• Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
• Maintains production and quality of echocardiograms by following established standards and procedures.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains competency appropriate for job responsibilities.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner, complying with all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s Degree preferred.
Certified echo registry required
Current CPR certification
1 year experience with echocardiography preferred
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
PHYSICAL DEMANDS /WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exposed to ionizing radiation.
• High stress, fast pace area.
• Extended periods of standing.
• Cool to cold environment 100% of the time.
• Required to lift heavy patients/objects (40 pounds or more).
• Exposure to blood/blood products and infectious diseases.
• Exposure to electrical equipment.
• Flexible hours and shifts are required.
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Candler County Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place.