"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Renders nursing care in assigned area in terms of individualized patient needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing under the direction/delegation of RNs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the mission, vision, and core values of the organization.
• Delivers care with appropriate age and cultural competence to specific patient populations according to individualized needs.
• Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the patient and his/her family.
• Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
• Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation and advanced life support protocols.
• Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
• Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
• Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
• Maintains current competency in nursing specialty by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Functions as a contributing team member & communicates effectively with all levels of people.
• Promotes positive public relations to physicians, patients, visitors, other employees, and the community.
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Provides for patients’/significant others’ rights and safety; strives to manage situations in a manner to reduce risk while following legal and regulatory standards.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner, complying with all hospital policies, procedures, and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (LPN Program).
Current LPN license, in good standing with the State licensing board
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
o determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
o work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
o manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
o maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
o complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
o communicate effectively, both orally and in writing/electronically
o handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Provide excellent customer service skills and basic computer skills required
Possesses good interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity, flexibility, adaptability, and must be a team player
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
May be exposed to patient elements, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking, sitting, bending/twisting, kneeling/squatting, reaching, climbing and should be able to lift 25 or more pounds using proper lifting techniques. Rapidly changing and stressful environment. Ability to communicate with various levels of people. Possible exposure to communicable and infectious disease and hazardous materials. Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements (accidents, injuries and illness). Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple tasks and inquiries.
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Candler County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.