"Work and live in a community that appreciates you. Practice your profession where it matters. Lower cost of living, higher quality of life. Candler County Hospital wants you!"
Candler County Hospital, P.O. Box 597, 400 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
Fax: 912-685-3905 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES’ APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE MANAGER. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR POSITIONS OTHER THAN THOSE POSTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job description include but are not limited to:
• Generate and prepare/assemble medical records.
• Coordinates release of information functions with contracted copy service as well as handles all
requests for release of information including the general public, healthcare entities as well as payers.
• Organize and evaluate medical records for completeness and accuracy.
• Ensure no materials in file are misplaced.
• Pull and route records to appropriate personnel or department.
• Pull charts as needed for special audits and peer review.
• Prepare reports and forms as directed and in accordance with established policies.
• Maintain and search computerized medical records.
• Prepare copy of records when presented with properly completed medical release forms.
• Consult supervisor, team members and appropriate resources to solve health information questions.
• Receive incoming correspondence and review/forward to appropriate department or staff.
• Receive, screen and coordinate telephone calls from patients and healthcare providers.
• Communicate with Medical Staff, health care team members and patient departments.
• Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones; faxing and
filing of confidential documents; and basic Internet and email utilization.
• Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
• Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
• Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies
and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and DNV standards.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner,
complying with all hospital policies, procedures and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Ø High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ø Knowledge of chart control, access and storage in accordance with established policies and
Ø Knowledge of medical records regulations and release of health information.
Ø Knowledge of Microsoft Office and EMR software.
Ø Ability to:
o determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
o work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive
o manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
o maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
o complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
o communicate effectively, both orally and in writing/electronically
o handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Ø Provide excellent customer service skills and basic computer skills required
Ø Possesses good interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity, flexibility, adaptability, and must be a
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
May be exposed to patient elements, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking, sitting,
bending/twisting, kneeling/squatting, reaching, climbing and should be able to lift 25 or more pounds using
proper lifting techniques. Rapidly changing and stressful environment. Ability to communicate with various
levels of people. Possible exposure to communicable and infectious disease and hazardous materials.
Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements (accidents, injuries and illness). Contact with
patients under a wide variety of circumstances. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles
emergency or crisis situations. Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple tasks and
The information in this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification and requirements for the performance of this job.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified.